to set up; to found; to base; to build
establish
focus
conduct
range

Meaning of 'nail technician'

Does 'entitled' means 'give a name'? | Meaning of 'career associate scanning professionals'
Meaning of 'nail technician' #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 02, 2006 13:52 pm   Meaning of 'nail technician'

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Double Speak in Job Titles", question 9

The day before Carol's wedding, her bridesmaids went to see a nail technician.

(a) a professional who designs fake nails
(b) a specialist in nail diseases
(c) a person who sells nails
(d) a manicurist

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Double Speak in Job Titles", answer 9

The day before Carol's wedding, her bridesmaids went to see a a manicurist.

Correct answer: (d) a manicurist
_________________________

What does "nail technician" mean?

Salman
Salman

Exaggerated descriptions #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 02, 2006 14:23 pm   Exaggerated descriptions

Nail technician is literally someone who does something technical concerning finger/toe nails and is an exaggerated description of someone who would normally be called a manicurist.

_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "to change one's"'to alter' versus 'to change'Meaning of 'turn up the sitting room clock'Meaning of "When your parents find out what you've doneMeaning of "In a way it's probably just as well the...Meaning of hasteDifference between modify and alterMeaning of "talking through her hat"Meaning of "media courier""along the storm" versus 'above the storm'Difference between 'I want to' and 'I like to'Meaning of "shark eat shark"Meaning of "little birdie"