monetary penalty; punishment which involves the payment of specified sum of money
component
possibility
fine
viewpoint

When and how you can used the word carry out?

Security cameras deters or deter? | Words leaving and living
When and how you can used the word carry out? #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:52 am   When and how you can used the word carry out?

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Idioms with the phrasal verb carry", question 9

The Scottish Parliament has appointed Mr. Maley to ......... an assessment of the current cost estimate and likely completion date of a new information technology project.

(a) carry over
(b) carry on
(c) carry off
(d) carry out

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Idioms with the phrasal verb carry", answer 9

The Scottish Parliament has appointed Mr. Maley to carry out an assessment of the current cost estimate and likely completion date of a new information technology project.

Correct answer: (d) carry out

_________________________

when and how you can used the the word carry out?

Neilly
Neilly

Carry out #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:39 am   Carry out

This verb means complete or see that something is done or completed. If you do what somebody tells you then you carry out their instructions.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
"had'nt" versus "have'nt"What is the difference between 'my', 'mine' and 'me'?'on next week' versus 'in next week'Patient care assistant VERSUS social workerWhy "only people can pay taxes"?In addition, wouldn't it be Government's department?Talking about somehing that will happen in the future+since"you'r" instead of "your"Are always doing somethingMeaning of the word clapExchange dollars VERSUS switch dollarsMeaning of "to change one's"'to alter' versus 'to change'