Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

monetary penalty; punishment which involves the payment of specified sum of money
component
possibility
fine
viewpoint
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

When and how you can used the word carry out?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Security cameras deters or deter? | Words leaving and living
listening exercises
When and how you can used the word carry out? #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:52 am   When and how you can used the word carry out?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Idioms with the phrasal verb carry", question 9

The Scottish Parliament has appointed Mr. Maley to ......... an assessment of the current cost estimate and likely completion date of a new information technology project.

(a) carry over
(b) carry on
(c) carry off
(d) carry out

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Idioms with the phrasal verb carry", answer 9

The Scottish Parliament has appointed Mr. Maley to carry out an assessment of the current cost estimate and likely completion date of a new information technology project.

Correct answer: (d) carry out

Your answer was: correct

when and how you can used the the word carry out?

Neilly
Neilly

Carry out #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:39 am   Carry out

Hi,

This verb means complete or see that something is done or completed. If you do what somebody tells you then you carry out their instructions.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Security cameras deters or deter? | Words leaving and living
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
"had'nt" versus "have'nt"What is the difference between 'my', 'mine' and 'me'?'on next week' versus 'in next week'Patient care assistant VERSUS social workerWhy "only people can pay taxes"?In addition, wouldn't it be Government's department?Talking about somehing that will happen in the future+since"you'r" instead of "your"Are always doing somethingMeaning of the word clapExchange dollars VERSUS switch dollarsMeaning of "to change one's"'to alter' versus 'to change'