Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

taking into account; in light of
during
considering
regarding
except
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Words leaving and living

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
When and how you can used the word carry out? | Are always doing something
listening exercises
Words leaving and living #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:45 am   Words leaving and living

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #13 "Telephones", question 6

As you know, we are now leaving in a fast moving world that of telecommunications.

(a) leaving
(b) fast moving
(c) of

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #13 "Telephones", answer 6

As you know, we are now living in a fast moving world that of telecommunications.

Correct entry: living
The error was: (a) leaving

You have not found the error.
As you know, we are now leaving in a fast moving world that all telecommunications.

why living?

Dennis P.
Dennis P.

Meaning of words leaving and living #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:39 am   Meaning of words leaving and living

Hi,

The two words leaving and living are sometimes confused because they are sometimes pronounced the wrong way. In this sentence you need living (leading our lives) but leaving means go away from and is the wrong word here.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
When and how you can used the word carry out? | Are always doing something
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Waste versus Rubbish"had'nt" versus "have'nt"What is the difference between 'my', 'mine' and 'me'?'on next week' versus 'in next week'Patient care assistant VERSUS social workerWhy "only people can pay taxes"?In addition, wouldn't it be Government's department?Talking about somehing that will happen in the future+since"you'r" instead of "your"Security cameras deters or deter?Meaning of the word clapExchange dollars VERSUS switch dollarsMeaning of "to change one's"