collection of written records; use of written records as evidence
documentation
announcement
privilege
overview

In addition, wouldn't it be Government's department?

Talking about somehing that will happen in the future+since | Why "only people can pay taxes"?
In addition, wouldn't it be Government's department? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:48 am   In addition, wouldn't it be Government's department?

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Latin Words", question 8

This document must be regarded as containing an officiousregulation as it comes from a government department.

(a) document
(b) be regarded
(c) officious
(d) government department

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Latin Words", answer 8

This document must be regarded as containing an officialregulation as it comes from a government department.

Correct entry: official
The error was: (c) officious

You have not found the error.
This document must be regarded as containing an officiousregulation as it comes from a government?s department.
_________________________

In addition, wouldn?t it be Government?s department?

FERNANDO
Fernando

In addition, wouldn't it be Government's department? #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:03 am   In addition, wouldn't it be Government's department?

.
No, there is no necessity for the possessive, Fernando. For inanimate objects, we usually just use the noun-as-adjective:

A government department
A state visit
A train station
A truck stop

etc.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'I got on famoulsy'What is the rule in this case?Assassinate versus SlainWaste versus RubbishMeaning of mingle"had'nt" versus "have'nt"What is the difference between 'my', 'mine' and 'me'?'on next week' versus 'in next week'Patient care assistant VERSUS social worker"you'r" instead of "your"Are always doing somethingWords leaving and livingWhen and how you can used the word carry out?