to provide; to supply (food, etc.); to care for
comply
cater
reclaim
assimilate

"had'nt" versus "have'nt"

What is the difference between 'my', 'mine' and 'me'? | Waste versus Rubbish
"had'nt" versus "have'nt" #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 10, 2006 19:15 pm   "had'nt" versus "have'nt"

ESL/EFL Test #115 "Tense Agreement", question 7

I must admit I ......... thought how the story would finish before I read the book.

(a) haven't
(b) hadn't
(c) aren't
(d) couldn't

ESL/EFL Test #115 "Tense Agreement", answer 7

I must admit I hadn't thought how the story would finish before I read the book.

Correct answer: (b) hadn't

I must admit I haven't thought how the story would finish before I read the book.
_________________________

when can had'nt or have'nt use in sentences

Petro
Petro

"had'nt" versus "have'nt" #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:17 am   "had'nt" versus "have'nt"

.
Haven't (present perfect) refers to a period from the past until the present time; hadn't (past perfect) refers to the earlier of two past events.

In this case, though, I am wondering which was intended-- Read is both the present and past form of the verb.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "real driver"Expression: Take a seatHad/Was + prepositionMeaning of cock-and-bull storyMeaning of 'I got on famoulsy'What is the rule in this case?Assassinate versus SlainMeaning of mingle'on next week' versus 'in next week'Patient care assistant VERSUS social workerWhy "only people can pay taxes"?In addition, wouldn't it be Government's department?Talking about somehing that will happen in the future+since