contrast; something contrary
opposite
benchmark
influx
plug

Meaning of mingle

Waste versus Rubbish | What is the rule in this case?
Meaning of mingle #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:22 am   Meaning of mingle

ESL/EFL Test #100 "The Parliamentary Candidate (3)", question 3

Andrew Higgins kept a close watch on the platform from which Henry was making his speech, while several plainclothes policemen ......... inconspicuously with the crowd.

(a) meddled
(b) moulded
(c) mingled
(d) melded

ESL/EFL Test #100 "The Parliamentary Candidate (3)", answer 3

Andrew Higgins kept a close watch on the platform from which Henry was making his speech, while several plainclothes policemen mingled inconspicuously with the crowd.

Correct answer: (c) mingled

Andrew Higgins kept a close watch on the platform from which Henry was making his speech, while several plainclothes policemen melded inconspicuously with the crowd.
_________________________

When do you use mingled?

thank u
Sallyna
Sallyna

Meaning of mingle #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 12, 2006 14:36 pm   Meaning of mingle

.
We use mingle when we wish to express these meanings, Sallyna:

TRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To mix or bring together in combination, usually without loss of individual characteristics. 2. To mix so that the components become united; merge.
INTRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To be or become mixed or united. 2. To join or take part with others: The faculty mingled with the trustees.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Drop over versus Drop byHow can I tell 'process' from 'procedure'?Meaning of "real driver"Expression: Take a seatHad/Was + prepositionMeaning of cock-and-bull storyMeaning of 'I got on famoulsy'Assassinate versus Slain"had'nt" versus "have'nt"What is the difference between 'my', 'mine' and 'me'?'on next week' versus 'in next week'Patient care assistant VERSUS social workerWhy "only people can pay taxes"?