wrong; erroneous; imprecise; unseemly; improper
budget
incorrect
formal
superfluous

Can you hear what he is...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

why correct answer is road why not others? | It has stopped raining/the rain has stopped
Can you hear what he is... #121 (permalink) Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:08 am   Can you hear what he is...

Thanks and i have another question to you.(should we use to or for with question)

Which one should we use: After 30 days over /After 30 days is over/After 30 days are over.I think that must be After 30 days is over.I have question here is if we use that one, why we use it as a singular.I have found people using-1dollar,100 dollar and 1000 dollar like this.I think that must be like 100 dollars and 1000 dollars/thousands etc.Right?

it is 5 thousands, 500 hundreds and 20 rupees/dollars ,whatever is it correct ? or it should be 5 thousand 500 hundred and 20 rupee.

Thanks you in advance.
Nabaraj
Nabaraj

Location: United States

Can you hear what he is... #122 (permalink) Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:26 am   Can you hear what he is...

... another question for you.

After 30 days are over...
After a period of 30 days is over...

It costs 100 dollars...
Here is a 100 dollar bill...

500 hundreds is 50000 (fifty thousand). I don't think that is what you mean. I suspect you mean five hundred (5 hundreds):
It costs five-thousand, five-hundred and twenty rupees/dollars.
(It costs 5 thousand, 5 hundred and 20 rupees/dollars.)
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Can you hear what he is... #123 (permalink) Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:50 am   Can you hear what he is...

It is/they are 5 thousands right. not 5 thousand.(I think we should you like 5 thousand dollars or rupees etc)
not 5 dollar or 5 dollars right.500 hundreds is/are fifty thousands or thousand.I am getting confusion here.

Nabaraj

Location: United States

Can you hear what he is... #124 (permalink) Mon Aug 05, 2013 22:50 pm   Can you hear what he is...

You aren't the only one. Sorry, I don't understand your question.
_________________

Can you hear what he is... #125 (permalink) Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:08 am   Can you hear what he is...

I meant to say is :

(I think we should use like 5 thousand dollars or rupees but not 5 thousands/hundreds i mean it must be in singular like 5 thousand,5 hundred etc)
not 5 dollar 5 dollars right.500 hundred is fifty thousand not fifty thousands,correct?.I am getting confusion here.

5 thousnad-not 5 thousnds
5 thousnad dollars or 5 dollars not 5 doller/rupee right.

Nabaraj

Location: United States

Can you hear what he is... #126 (permalink) Tue Aug 06, 2013 22:50 pm   Can you hear what he is...

five thousand dollars
five thousand rupees
five dollars
five rupees
one dollar
one rupee
- the usual singular and plural rules apply.

500 hundred is fifty thousand.
_________________

Re: help me! #127 (permalink) Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:53 am   Re: help me!

I think that 'ask' can also be used here if you want to sound polite.
Sachit Gupta

Can you hear what he is... #128 (permalink) Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:51 am   Can you hear what he is...

Please explain where you would use 'ask'. It's not clear what 'here' refers to in your message.

If you mean 'Can you hear what he is asking?' then that is a change in meaning.
It is no more polite than the original but it cannot be used unles 'he' is asking a question.

Similarly, if you mean 'Can you ask what he is saying?' that is another change which completely alters the original meaning.
_________________

Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what youWhat is the meaning of "hold any stock"?Test incompl/inter-292, Question 9difference between: "I may buy..." and "I may have to buy..."enticement"The" conclave: sounds a bit odd here?playing with a full deck of cardsIf I were you? Subjuntive?odvious vs obviousWhat is the difference between a bank teller and a cashier?Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"meaning of "...it would take a hot minute..."screen vs fritz