defense; shelter; safety
enlightenment
protection
survey
removal

Retirement and pensions question

Time preposition 'on' | Governmental and private pension benefits
Retirement and pensions question #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 21, 2006 13:24 pm   Retirement and pensions question

ESL/EFL Test #160 "Retirement and Pensions", question 7

The most obvious reason for the existence of pensions is the tax advantage, since pension ......... are permitted to accumulate untaxed until retirement.

(a) benefits
(b) calculations
(c) contributions
(d) payouts

ESL/EFL Test #160 "Retirement and Pensions", answer 7

The most obvious reason for the existence of pensions is the tax advantage, since pension contributions are permitted to accumulate untaxed until retirement.

Correct answer: (c) contributions
_________________________

You mean workers needn't pay the pension taxes until they retire? But due to the high inflation they might pay more taxes when they get retired . Do you think it is still an tax advantage?? Personally, i don't think it is good for the workers, maybe it is a tax advantage for the companies. By the way, How can those employers benefit from the pension expenses ?(only tax advantages??)

FangFang

Retirement and pensions question #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 21, 2006 13:54 pm   Retirement and pensions question

.
Sorry, FF-- I'm not an economics expert; I just write grammar and vocabulary questions. It seems to me that it is a potential tax advantage, depending on the direction of the dollar-- anyway, the taxes needn't be paid now.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "brand name"Meaning of lonesomeNever hit me VERSUS never whip meIs anything wrong with 'waiting for the bus'?Wonderful bends VERSUS wonderful curvesMeaning of "wrong number"Forgive VERSUS excusePosition your products differently?Expression: carrying a bag under her armIts vs. it'sMeaning of 'go over' and 'go on'Time passes vs. time goes byMeaning of depricate