portion of a wall or fence that opens and closes; any barrier which opens and closes; entrance; entryway
gate
interviewee
intent
drill

Position your products differently?

Expression: carrying a bag under her arm | Meaning of "wrong number"
Position your products differently? #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 21, 2006 19:27 pm   Position your products differently?

ESL/EFL Test #131 "The Business Plan", question 8

It may also be possible for you to ......... your products differently in the marketplace to attract new customers.

(a) position
(b) set
(c) spread
(d) situate

ESL/EFL Test #131 "The Business Plan", answer 8

It may also be possible for you to position your products differently in the marketplace to attract new customers.

Correct answer: (a) position

It may also be possible for you to set your products differently in the marketplace to attract new customers.
_________________________

Hi, guys!! Why can?t I use "set" on this phrase?

Parrympuss
Parrympuss

Position your products differently? #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 21, 2006 23:34 pm   Position your products differently?

.
Set is not used in the context, and I cannot understand what it might mean. The business argot is 'positioning'.

Position: to put in a certain position <positioned the chairs around the room> <positioned the company in the global market>
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Idiom 'rolling budget'Meaning of annual increment'Try + infinitive' versus 'Try + gerund'Meaning of "brand name"Meaning of lonesomeNever hit me VERSUS never whip meIs anything wrong with 'waiting for the bus'?Wonderful bends VERSUS wonderful curvesForgive VERSUS excuseRetirement and pensions questionGovernmental and private pension benefitsTime preposition 'on'Its vs. it's