ascent
angle
fear
ideal
climb

correct it more elegantly

generous with/to/towards | word order
correct it more elegantly #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:39 am   correct it more elegantly

"The dancers were superb, danced superbly and won the greatest applause.
They had obviously spent a long time rehearsing it."
Could you correct it more elegantly?
Allifathima

correct it more elegantly #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:09 am   correct it more elegantly

Although it is correct, you should avoid using 'superb and 'superbly' so close together. There are plenty of other words to choose from so as to avoid the repetition. You need to define 'it'.

The dancers were fantastic. They danced superbly and won the greatest applause of the evening. They had obviously spent a long time rehearsing their act.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
generous with/to/towards | word order
I still haven't found it vs I haven't found it yetDoubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc.First person, second person, third personglass/glassesHow to read this large numer?is being badlyThe organization is of International scope. What does 'scope' mean?after finished reading.It's ok, It's alright!The most exciting city in the world vs the world's most exciting citytranslationquestions OK?heard him coming/come