Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

debate; conversation; talk; dispute; argument
discussion
mission
press
effect
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Doubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc.

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
1) He put a great stress on justice. I think "a" cannot be used here be | First person, second person, third person
listening exercises
Doubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc. #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm   Doubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc.

Dear sir,
Is the sentence structure herein correct?

I didn't bring her to/ in my house after falling in love with her or building a loving relationship between she and I. I will appreciate it very much if you explain to me along with example sentences.
Thanks.

Noren

Doubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc. #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:45 pm   Doubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc.

"bring her to my house" is more usual and natural.

I prefer "between her and me", but in this particular case "with her" seems easier. Or you could say "between (the two of) us".

As a whole, the sentence is otherwise grammatical. However, its meaning seems slightly strange or ambiguous, and I wonder if it really correctly expresses what you are trying to say.
Dozy
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Doubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc. #3 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 17:54 pm   Doubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc.

Thanks a lot Dozy. It's nothing to do with the meaning of the sentences. Just this; usage of she, I, me etc.
Correct "between her and me" instead of she and I. Thanks for the other suggestions.
Noren

1) He put a great stress on justice. I think "a" cannot be used here be | First person, second person, third person
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Vocabulary question: overstatemust/should/have to 2must/should/have toLondon's status as the capital of the British Empirecruiserecollected/recalled/rememberedThe city was destroyed by fire vs The city was destroyed by a fireI still haven't found it vs I haven't found it yetforget + gerundglass/glassesword orderHow to read this large numer?correct it more elegantly