Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

grant; pocket money; stipend; discount; deduction
allowance
plaid
proficiency
timeliness
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

cruise

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
London's status as the capital of the British Empire | recollected/recalled/remembered
listening exercises
cruise #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 16:46 pm   cruise

"We have seen nothing of the world so are saving up to go on a world cruise when I retire."
Is this sentence grammatically correct?
If not, please correct and guide me.
Allifathima
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Re: cruise #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 17:46 pm   Re: cruise

Allifathima wrote:
"We have seen nothing of the world so are saving up to go on a world cruise when I retire."
Is this sentence grammatically correct?
If not, please correct and guide me.

If you mean your family and you by 'we', your sentence could be slightly modified thus:
"We have seen nothing of the world, so we are saving up to go on a world cruise when I retire."
I'm a Communicator ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
cruise #3 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 21:11 pm   cruise

I also think that THL's version reads better, but the original is not actually wrong.
Dozy
I'm a Communicator ;-)

London's status as the capital of the British Empire | recollected/recalled/remembered
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Hi, I got a problem with verb tense, looking for helpDifference between to some degree and to some extentVocabulary question: overstatemust/should/have to 2must/should/have toHe pulled open the doorThe city was destroyed by fire vs The city was destroyed by a fireI still haven't found it vs I haven't found it yetforget + gerundDoubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc.First person, second person, third personglass/glasseschange