to compel; to reinforce; to oblige; to coerce
borrow
format
constrain
update

London's status as the capital of the British Empire

The city was destroyed by fire vs The city was destroyed by a fire | cruise
London's status as the capital of the British Empire #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 18:32 pm   London's status as the capital of the British Empire

Many of the buildings you see today were put up in the nineteenth century to reflect London's status as the capital of the British Empire. Right. Is it possible to omit that article in a case like this?

Many thanks in advance. Bye
_________________
The malicious enjoy a dark happiness.
Victor Hugo
Francis

Location: Milan, Italy

London's status as the capital of the British Empire #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 20:02 pm   London's status as the capital of the British Empire

Yes.
Dozy

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
London's status as the capital of the British Empire #3 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 20:04 pm   London's status as the capital of the British Empire

Hi Dozy, thanks.
_________________
The malicious enjoy a dark happiness.
Victor Hugo
Francis

Location: Milan, Italy

Hi, I got a problem with verb tense, looking for helpDifference between to some degree and to some extentVocabulary question: overstatemust/should/have to 2must/should/have toHe pulled open the doorrecollected/recalled/rememberedI still haven't found it vs I haven't found it yetforget + gerundDoubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc.First person, second person, third personglass/glasseschange