average; middle; unkind; base; inferior
adroit
becoming
mean
regardless

must/should/have to

recollected/recalled/remembered | forget + gerund
must/should/have to #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 21:35 pm   must/should/have to

Do you know where your handbag is?

1-It must be in the bedroom. I think that is where I left it when I was leaving.
2-It has to be in the bedroom. I think that is where I left it when I was leaving.
3-It should be in the bedroom. I think that is where I left it when I was leaving.

Are sentences 1-3 acceptable in this context?

Gratefully,
Navi.
Navi

must/should/have to #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2012 22:33 pm   must/should/have to

They're okay. If I were to pick fault with anything, I would suggest a small change to (3).
Use of 'should be' for me implies that the person does more than just think (suspect) that it was left in the bedroom. I would say:
It should be in the bedroom. I'm sure that is where I left it when I was leaving
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Hi, I got a problem with verb tense, looking for helpDifference between to some degree and to some extentVocabulary question: overstatemust/should/have to 2London's status as the capital of the British EmpirecruiseHe pulled open the doortravellingThe city was destroyed by fire vs The city was destroyed by a fireI still haven't found it vs I haven't found it yetDoubtful in using He, she, her, his, her etc.First person, second person, third personglass/glasses