competition
beverage
patch
pipe
contest

What does impeachment mean?

Caught with his pants down? = caught redhanded? | Let's beg to differ
What does impeachment mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:46 am   What does impeachment mean?

ESL/EFL Test #188 "American President William Jefferson Clinton", question 8

Future history books may well note that Bill Clinton was the second President to have been on trial for ......... by the U.S. House of Representatives.

(a) beseechment
(b) reachment
(c) impeachment
(d) preachment

ESL/EFL Test #188 "American President William Jefferson Clinton", answer 8

Future history books may well note that Bill Clinton was the second President to have been on trial for impeachment by the U.S. House of Representatives.

Correct answer: (c) impeachment

Future history books may well note that Bill Clinton was the second President to have been on trial for beseechment by the U.S. House of Representatives.
_________________________

What is the meaning of impeachment?
Ajay Nahta

What does impeachment mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:37 am   What does impeachment mean?

http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/impeachment#impeach__5
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does impeachment mean? #3 (permalink) Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 am   What does impeachment mean?

Impeachment is a word that even many (perhaps most) native English speakers use incorrectly. It means to formally accuse, not to "kick out of office" or some such thing. Ask 10 Americans and 9 will give you a wrong definition! So like many words and phrases in English, never be embarrassed to get something wrong. Just ask for clarification and practice the correct term several times until you get it right!
Ev14

Test incompl/advan-82, Question 10Mathematics isn't his strong suit.they're back to the basics againkicking him out?finger vs combCharley horse? What does it mean?the ball and chain won't let me? what does this expression mean?expression 'going balls to the wall'stand v.s. sell"get on with" vs. "come up with"Object vs. subjectWill vs. mightWhat kind of nap is that one?