to come to a sum; to become; to total
distinguish
offer
amount
specialize

I'm a fourth year student

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

ESL Forum | English for Beginners
Present Perfect (Unit 16) | Days, Months etc. II (Unit 13)
I'm a fourth year student #31 (permalink) Tue Jul 23, 2013 17:00 pm   I'm a fourth year student

Beeesneees wrote:
There is a clear indication here that you expect the poster to have presented the post in a different way.

T_H_Lawrence wrote:
Yes I do.

So I was right in my first assumption that you had not considered that perhaps he presented the post as well as he possibly could.
_________________

I'm a fourth year student #32 (permalink) Tue Jul 23, 2013 17:15 pm   I'm a fourth year student

Be that as it may. I have known you online for more than two years now, Bev. I do not want to lock horns with you, anyway. I hope you will appreciate it when I say that I know the pulse of my own countrymen more than you do.
_________________
Anglophile
I know only one thing - that is that I know nothing.
Anglophile

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
I'm a fourth year student #33 (permalink) Tue Jul 23, 2013 17:23 pm   I'm a fourth year student

Sorry THL, but I find that far too much of a generalisation to accept. I would never assume to claim to know everyone in my own country that well, and don't see how you can.

However, we will have to agree to differ as I have no wish to 'lock horns' with you either and it is obvious that we both have our own opinions - and I'm sure you'll agree that ultimately there is absolutely nothing wrong in that!
_________________

ESL Forum | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Does the 3 years of physical presence have to be continuous or accumulation?Superlative form of Adjective and personality.offintroduce myrselfinstantly with the insinuatingpersonally from discussingGreetingsIs this possible ?What is the correct and why to say?I'm a fourth year student, page 2I'm a fourth year studentanswer the questionsPls give Feedback on "Tell about yourself" questions