Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

stand; booth; pen; pretext to delay
apparel
stall
disease
yield
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

...you know the sort you can depend on

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Subject to the same laws | What for? = why?
listening exercises
...you know the sort you can depend on #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 am   ...you know the sort you can depend on

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #83 "Increasing Vocabulary", question 7

I've always thought of her as the kind of person you can trust, you know the sort you can ......... on.

(a) depend
(b) deter
(c) defend
(d) defeat

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #83 "Increasing Vocabulary", answer 7

I've always thought of her as the kind of person you can trust, you know the sort you can depend on.

Correct answer: (a) depend

Your answer was: incorrect
I've always thought of her as the kind of person you can trust, you know the sort you can deter on.

Hi teachers,

In 'you know the sort you can depend on' it seems to me that some word after 'the sort' is missed out and it is implied. Correct me, please if I'm mistaken.

I'll be grateful,
Vladimir.

...you know the sort you can depend on #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:29 am   ...you know the sort you can depend on

The sort (of person) you can depend on.
Language Coach

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Subject to the same laws | What for? = why?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Does it naturallyl sound in English- The theme of our lesson is ---- Thanks forstart or beginTest incompl/advan-82, Question 10Charley horse? What does it mean?what does furtive mean?Good at vs. good onWill vs. mightExpression: to be afraid ofWhat kind of nap is that one?Difference between exhausting and exhaustiveIt's about timeLooking forward to hearing from youHe'll have to look for a new job won't he?