stand; booth; pen; pretext to delay
apparel
stall
disease
yield

...you know the sort you can depend on

Subject to the same laws | What for? = why?
...you know the sort you can depend on #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 am   ...you know the sort you can depend on

ESL/EFL Test #83 "Increasing Vocabulary", question 7

I've always thought of her as the kind of person you can trust, you know the sort you can ......... on.

(a) depend
(b) deter
(c) defend
(d) defeat

ESL/EFL Test #83 "Increasing Vocabulary", answer 7

I've always thought of her as the kind of person you can trust, you know the sort you can depend on.

Correct answer: (a) depend

I've always thought of her as the kind of person you can trust, you know the sort you can deter on.
_________________________

Hi teachers,

In 'you know the sort you can depend on' it seems to me that some word after 'the sort' is missed out and it is implied. Correct me, please if I'm mistaken.

I'll be grateful,
Vladimir.
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

...you know the sort you can depend on #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:29 am   ...you know the sort you can depend on

The sort (of person) you can depend on.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Does it naturallyl sound in English- The theme of our lesson is ---- Thanks forstart or beginTest incompl/advan-82, Question 10Charley horse? What does it mean?what does furtive mean?Good at vs. good onWill vs. mightExpression: to be afraid ofWhat kind of nap is that one?Difference between exhausting and exhaustiveIt's about timeLooking forward to hearing from youHe'll have to look for a new job won't he?