to repay; to refund; to compensate for a loss; to repay for an expense
defend
resolve
perpetuate
reimburse

Why do we use you instead of me?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Come with me? What does that mean? | Orign of 'In every life, some rain must fall'?
Why do we use you instead of me? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:40 am   Why do we use you instead of me?

ESL/EFL Test #38 "Object Pronoun", question 5

That's exactly what he said about ..........

(a) you
(b) yours
(c) me

ESL/EFL Test #38 "Object Pronoun", answer 5

That's exactly what he said about you.

Correct answer: (a) you

That's exactly what he said about me.
_________________________

Why do we use you instead of me?

Sohela
Sohela

Why do we use you instead of me? #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:26 am   Why do we use you instead of me?

What is the differentness between you and yours.
Kalon

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Why do we use you instead of me? #3 (permalink) Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:13 am   Why do we use you instead of me?

Hi Kalon

You is a pronoun. It usually replaces the name of the person you are talking to:
In this thread, Amy can say to Kalon:
"You asked a question." (You = Kalon)

Yours is a possessive pronoun. If I want to say that something belongs to you, I say:
"It is yours."

Kalon wrote:
What is the differentness between you and yours

You should say difference.

_________________

Why do we use you instead of me? #4 (permalink) Fri Feb 20, 2009 16:21 pm   Why do we use you instead of me?

Well, he says that he doesn't trust you.

Correct answer: (b) you

your sentence:
Well, he says that he doesn't trust them.

I think that in this sentence both "you" and "them'' is possible, isn't it? It this situation we aren't obliged to exclude neither speaker nor his opponent. They can talk about other people. Am I right or am I such a bad teacher?

Maryann
Maryann

Location: Ukraine

Why do we use you instead of me? #5 (permalink) Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:48 am   Why do we use you instead of me?

Good stuff
thank you
Genci

Why do we use you instead of me? #6 (permalink) Sun Feb 22, 2009 13:51 pm   Why do we use you instead of me?

Why do we not use the same auxiliary verb in the question tag without exception. For example "I am a teacher" and "I must speak good English" As teachers we know, But how do we explain it to the non-native students who have a tenuous hold on language leave alone grammar? Please get back to me.Thanks and Regards
MVA
Mvaruna

Why do we use you instead of me? #7 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 15:16 pm   Why do we use you instead of me?

i think we use "you" or "them" is depend on the context of the sentence or the dialogue.
Anhgiap

Location: HCMC university of technology

Why do we use you instead of me? #8 (permalink) Sat Mar 07, 2009 17:59 pm   Why do we use you instead of me?

Hi you is the 2dn person for singular and plural pronoun. them is the 3th person for plural pronoun. right ?
Chenly

Why do we use you instead of me? #9 (permalink) Sat Mar 07, 2009 18:06 pm   Why do we use you instead of me?

Hi, the future real conditional is : I 'll stay home ,if it rains.
and conditional III : I would have stayed home, if it had rained. right ?
Chenly

American English with you #10 (permalink) Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:43 pm   American English with you

Hi there, are u Amy? If so, which part of the USA are u from? I think you may be from New york if I am not mistaken. I assume that you are an American (Caucasian). I would like to learn a lot from you as far as US English is concerned. Thanks.

Noren Lee
NEPAL

leenorman30@yahoo.com
dinel_drn@wlink.com.np
_________________
A person who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
Noren

Location: NEPAL

Why do we use you instead of me? #11 (permalink) Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:51 am   Why do we use you instead of me?

In my oponion, "them" or "you" is okay. It depends on the context. "them" means that somethings you say and "you" means that he doesn't trust a person who is you are talking somethings
Lucky

Why do we use you instead of me? #12 (permalink) Tue Jul 21, 2009 19:33 pm   Why do we use you instead of me?

because i'm understand wrong about meaning. thanks
Kitt

Why do we use you instead of me? #13 (permalink) Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:20 am   Why do we use you instead of me?

How can I teach pronouns to non-speakers of English without just telling them the rule about it?
Mikhinz

Why do we use you instead of me? #14 (permalink) Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:13 am   Why do we use you instead of me?

Why do we use you instead of me?

The reply is simple. First: In the formal conversation It's more polit to use The "YOU" of majesty than the "Me" which is informal.
This is what I think on this question.

kevinzos
Kevinzos

Why do we use you instead of me? #15 (permalink) Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am   Why do we use you instead of me?

Good afternoon Mr.Torsten and english-test.net team I'm sanguan khiewkhum from Thailand. Mr. torsten you are very kind of me. and very good my theacher very very good more. this english lesson 35 you are sene to me. every lesson usefull for me I' try to laern on myself it's difficul for me now I am trying to laern. but not success fully . I' understand you are hopping all people knowled in english. that it's you are very good man. ok mr. Torsten I' have something to tell you very long time I' sene my pictur to your team I' never see my pictur on your forum. thank you again. see you next time.
sanguan khiewkhum
Sanguan Khiewkhum

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
that are featured for no other apparent reasona jack of all tradesHe had been itching to see that band in concert for years.What does the phrase "Saul is also among the prophets" mean?easy for you to say?redundant vs. unneededExpression "Jump all over"Meaning of "break the handle"Why do we use you instead of me?, page 4Why do we use you instead of me?, page 3Why do we use you instead of me?, page 2Explanation of this dialogueWhy it is not "going" instead of "to go"