Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

netting attached to a woman's hat
space
employment
veil
gasoline
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does this mean --Extreme sports have taken off in a big way over the last tw

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Should? | What does rather than mean and when we use it and how Could you explain on examp
listening exercises
What does this mean --Extreme sports have taken off in a big way over the last tw #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:37 am   What does this mean --Extreme sports have taken off in a big way over the last tw

What does this mean --Extreme sports have taken off in a big way over the last twenty years. Thanks for answers

I cant understand what TAK OFF MEANS HERE !
Extreme sports have taken off in a big way over the last twenty years.
Thanks for answers
Milaniyamiila
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does this mean --Extreme sports have taken off in a big way over the last tw #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:03 am   What does this mean --Extreme sports have taken off in a big way over the last tw

'Taken off' there means they have become very popular.
Language Coach

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Thanks  a lot #3 (permalink) Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:08 am   Thanks a lot

You ar so kind and helpful
Milaniyamiila
I'm here quite often ;-)

Should? | What does rather than mean and when we use it and how Could you explain on examp
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Might as well not?increments the number???Only the shortcut to it???Just curiousTo make the most of it?more important vs. most importantwho could possibly be ringingWhat are quirks?Difference between weather and climateCan I use especially in the first sentence?What is the difference between gain and win?Is or is being?Expression "do you good"