to exercise; to use; to make an effort
rank
enroll
indicate
exert

The stove top burners are all in good working order...

See a concert? | What are the kinds of size of a steak sandwich?
The stove top burners are all in good working order... #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 pm   The stove top burners are all in good working order...

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Appliances in the Home (1)", question 4

The ......... top burners are all in good working order. I use the bigger ones on a regular basis because I use a lot of frying pans and pots when I cook dinner.

(a) steamer
(b) stove
(c) blender
(d) iron

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Appliances in the Home (1)", answer 4

The stove top burners are all in good working order. I use the bigger ones on a regular basis because I use a lot of frying pans and pots when I cook dinner.

Correct answer: (b) stove

_________________________

What is the connection between the stove and" using a lot of frying pans and pots." What does this sentence mean? The stove top burners are all in good working order./ If she uses the bigger ones on regular basis how she could put on a small frying pan on it?
_________________

The stove top burners are all in good working order... #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 15, 2012 19:11 pm   The stove top burners are all in good working order...

The top rings (hob) on the stove (cooker) are working.
I use the big rings regularly because I use a number of saucepans at a time.
(If a person tended to cook using only one saucepan, they would probably only use one ring regularly.)

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
The stove top burners are all in good working order... #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 15, 2012 22:48 pm   The stove top burners are all in good working order...

Many, many thanks Bez. I have to say that I use the rings separately because I use different pots. Very rarely I use the big rings , never regularly, also when I have to cook for more than two persons.
Thanks:
Kati
_________________

What is the difference if the order of words changed?catch up vs. make upMeaning of "off"?Supper is a main mealWhat is the difference between concerning and complacent?Usage of Past perfect verb formMeaning of disappearHow to use the reflexive pronouns?Simple present vs. present perfect progressiveMeaning of arrested"present tense" vs. "past tense"To + infinitive after "try"English idiom: to pay a visit