physical or mental exertion; labor; attempt; organized operation
directory
sneakers
effort
offensive

catch up vs. make up

Meaning of disappear | Supper is a main meal
catch up vs. make up #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 15, 2012 16:08 pm   catch up vs. make up

ESL/EFL Test #791 "Getting to Know You", question 1

I can't wait to see my friend so that we can ......... up. I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks and I want to hear about the recent events in her life.

(a) hold
(b) have
(c) lose
(d) catch

ESL/EFL Test #791 "Getting to Know You", answer 1

I can't wait to see my friend so that we can catch up. I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks and I want to hear about the recent events in her life.

Correct answer: (d) catch

_________________________

Which verbs are synonyms in this case with "catch up"? I thought about: make up?/ make up for(lost time)?/ Make up what we have missed?
_________________

See a concert?The stove top burners are all in good working order...Meaning of "off"?What are the kinds of size of a steak sandwich?What is the difference between concerning and complacent?Usage of Past perfect verb formHow to use the reflexive pronouns?Simple present vs. present perfect progressiveMeaning of arrestedTo + infinitive after "try"English idiom: to pay a visitReflexive pronouns (itself vs. themselves)Native to a country