Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

sports shoe; one who moves about stealthily; one who acts furtively
erasure
accomplishment
sneakers
bankruptcy
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I feel like camping on the weekend. Do you want to come?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
It is interesting first time: I wrote to camp and it was good. | He talked me into driving his car. It is a sweet ride.
listening exercises
I feel like camping on the weekend. Do you want to come? #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 26, 2012 22:37 pm   I feel like camping on the weekend. Do you want to come?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Gerund and Infinitive Practice (6)", question 3

I feel like ......... on the weekend. Do you want to come?

(a) camp
(b) to camp
(c) camping
(d) camped

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Gerund and Infinitive Practice (6)", answer 3

I feel like camping on the weekend. Do you want to come?

Correct answer: (c) camping

Beeezeee explained to me the rule:
I feel like camping at the weekend.
I want to camp at the weekend.

I feel like camping on the weekend. Do you want to come? #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:10 am   I feel like camping on the weekend. Do you want to come?

I feel like doing something suggests that this is something you are interested in doing. Wanting to do something indicates that this is your wish. The difference is the structure: feel like+ gerund and want to + infinitive. Was this what you wanted to know?

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
I feel like camping on the weekend. Do you want to come? #3 (permalink) Tue Nov 27, 2012 17:03 pm   I feel like camping on the weekend. Do you want to come?

Many thanks Dear Alan,

I believe that I understood.

Quote:
feel like+ gerund and want to + infinitive.

Regards.
Kati Svaby

It is interesting first time: I wrote to camp and it was good. | He talked me into driving his car. It is a sweet ride.
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Sue felt she should brush up on her math skills...What is a hot plate?tape recorder vs. tape playermeeting the deadlinecare for' means 'he was not keen on'the men's restroomWhat is a chandelier?What is a light fixture?prune vs. trimWhat parts of speech is 'walk' here?What is a space heater?What does "get through with you" mean?What does catch on mean?