device made up of interconnected parts that work together to perform a given task or function
accelerator
time
machine
character

Would the words 'to meet' and 'who work' be written separately in each case?

What does foresee mean? | Why is it incorrect: to face the uncertainties of the ocean?
Would the words 'to meet' and 'who work' be written separately in each case? #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am   Would the words 'to meet' and 'who work' be written separately in each case?

ESL/EFL Test #241 "Interactive worksheets (2)", question 9

A look of ......... came over Nancy's face when the verdict was announced. She now wants tomeet with lobbyists whowork to change laws for the betterment of society.

(a) discussed
(b) deform
(c) disperse
(d) disgust

ESL/EFL Test #241 "Interactive worksheets (2)", answer 9

A look of disgust came over Nancy's face when the verdict was announced. She now wants tomeet with lobbyists whowork to change laws for the betterment of society.

Correct answer: (d) disgust

_________________________

Hi Teachers,

A little note only.
Would the words 'tomeet' and 'whowork' be written separately in each case?

Vladimir.
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

Would the words 'to meet' and 'who work' be written separately in each case? #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am   Would the words 'to meet' and 'who work' be written separately in each case?

Yes Vladimir, these are typos we need to fix. Many thanks for pointing this out.

TOEIC listening, photographs: The pyramids

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'chip chop'?take off: remove fromTest incompl/advan-665, User's Answer 10machines that can do twice the work using only half of the energy amountclean out the guttersDrapes are window coverings that hang from horizontal rods that are placed above.Hands vs. pawsWhat does this expression mean: it comes down to?'I didn't employ my name' vs 'I didn't use my name'Meaning of retainPeople don't vs. people doesn'tMeaning of "Intoxicating" is "alcoholic"Meaning of ecliptic