act of paying back; repayment; compensation for a loss; repayment for an expense
reimbursement
place
focus
process

Meaning of 'chip chop'?

What does this expression mean: it comes down to? | meaning of drain
Meaning of 'chip chop'? #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 am   Meaning of 'chip chop'?

Could you please help me with the meaning of 'chip chop' in the sentence below:

CES: Freescale chip chops vampire draw to zero
Galilom2002

Meaning of 'chip chop'? #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:12 am   Meaning of 'chip chop'?

What is the context?
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'chip chop'? #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 am   Meaning of 'chip chop'?

Beeesneees wrote:
What is the context?

I read it at http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-20026972-54.html
Galilom2002

Meaning of 'chip chop'? #4 (permalink) Thu Dec 13, 2012 19:07 pm   Meaning of 'chip chop'?

It's not a sentence, it's a headline, which explains why it was difficult to understand without knowing the context.

Freescale chip - a computer chip in the mobile phone chargers manufactured by the company 'Freescale'
chops - cuts the
vampire draw - a nickname for the trickle of electricity that is still used when the phone is unplugged if the charger is left plugged in.
to zero - the chip cuts the electricity usage in such cases.
_________________

How long have you worked here (at this place) as a city planner (in this job).I need your expense reports on my desk and on the double.indirectly controlled by, controlling or under common control with such Partytake off: remove fromWould the words 'to meet' and 'who work' be written separately in each case?When we know the answer do we write it or do we click on it?ottoman vs deskHands vs. pawsMeaning of "to finally tie the knot"?Why is it incorrect: to face the uncertainties of the ocean?People don't vs. people doesn'tVerb "to do" vs. doingIs time correct?