to make or to fit according to individual needs or desires; to personalize; to individualize
pair
customize
feed
calculate

Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore.

Passionate about art in general? | Mitchell is a police officer.
Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore. #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 25, 2012 20:02 pm   Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore.

ESL/EFL Test #201 "Pronoun Practice (1)", question 3

Those kids should know better. ......... shouldn't tease that boy anymore.

(a) We
(b) Their
(c) Our
(d) They

ESL/EFL Test #201 "Pronoun Practice (1)", answer 3

Correct answer: (d) They
_________________________

I think the sentence is clear with We and they also.
Those kids shod know better. But they didn't think that they shouldn't tease the boy any more. So we can say We shouldn't tease that boy any more.
Am I right?
_________________

Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore. #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 25, 2012 23:23 pm   Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore.

No, the sentence does not work with 'we', because it is clear that the sentence is referring to 'those kids'. We need to use 'they'.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Chris has a class at 8 am, so he catches the 7:15 am bus.He is really angry, so we should leave him alone for a while.Can you give me a little more information about the house?your evaluation please?How long have you worked here (at this place) as a city planner (in this job).on the alertthe oldest and largest trees in the world are found in Californiahe was being hurtfulI don't have a jobturning brownA youth is a young personWhat animal is a tortoise?What is a mover?