to mark with an iron; to disgrace; to condemn
photograph
brand
encounter
remove

Mitchell is a police officer.

Those kids should know better. They shouldn't tease that boy anymore. | Can you give me a little more information about the house?
Mitchell is a police officer. #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 25, 2012 20:56 pm   Mitchell is a police officer.

ESL/EFL Test #217 "Non-Action Verbs (2)", question 10

Mitchell ......... a police officer.

(a) appears
(b) is
(c) seem
(d) owns

ESL/EFL Test #217 "Non-Action Verbs (2)", answer 10

Mitchell is a police officer.

Correct answer: (b) is
_________________________

I think Michell appears a police officer.

appear +noun =to give the impression being or doing sth. Am I right?
_________________

Mitchell is a police officer. #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 25, 2012 20:58 pm   Mitchell is a police officer.

Is there two good answers?
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Mitchell is a police officer. #3 (permalink) Tue Dec 25, 2012 23:24 pm   Mitchell is a police officer.

No, to use 'appears' you would have to include 'to be':
Mitchell appears to be a police officer.
_________________

the system encompassing this type of government is called shared powersChris has a class at 8 am, so he catches the 7:15 am bus.He is really angry, so we should leave him alone for a while.your evaluation please?on the alertthe oldest and largest trees in the world are found in Californiahe was being hurtfulI don't have a jobturning brownA youth is a young personPassionate about art in general?What animal is a tortoise?What is a mover?