to compensate; to balance
testify
couple
bottom
offset

This is known as separation of power

the system encompassing this type of government is called shared powers | Meaning of "It's up to you"
This is known as separation of power #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:57 am   This is known as separation of power

ESL/EFL Test #255 "US Government Questions Test (4)", question 7

By dividing the government into three departments or branches, the power of the nation is split up so each branch is separate and distinct. This is known as ..........

(a) separation of power
(b) common power
(c) equalization of power

ESL/EFL Test #255 "US Government Questions Test (4)", answer 7

By dividing the government into three departments or branches, the power of the nation is split up so each branch is separate and distinct. This is known as separation of power.

Correct answer: (a) separation of power
_________________________

Hi Teachers!

I hope, the separation of power arises by dividing not only into three branches, or I'm mistaken?

The main question is how to understand the sentence "the power of the nation is split up" here? Am I right if I propose that the meaning becomes weaker? Is the expression "the power of the nation" is common? What does it mean, actually?

Thank you very much,
Vladimir.
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

service tax vs. sales taxWhat are liberal parties?Test incompl/elem-293, User's Answer 2Chris has a class at 8 am, so he catches the 7:15 am bus.He is really angry, so we should leave him alone for a while.Can you give me a little more information about the house?he was being hurtfulI don't have a jobturning brownWhat animal is a tortoise?Anger is more meaningful than rage.immanent vs illicitConditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it