rotatable disk on a telephone
slope
dial
subsidy
virtual

You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules

Lifelong learning? | a little more beef vs. a few more beef
You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 01, 2013 19:49 pm   You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Various Conjunctions (5)", question 6

You shouldn't talk back to your mother ......... should you disobey her rules while you're living in her house.

(a) if
(b) nor
(c) for
(d) until

ESL/EFL Test #237 "Various Conjunctions (5)", answer 6

You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules while you're living in her house.

Correct answer: (b) nor
_________________________

I didn't nor in this form (only neither nor or nor...nor)
NOR can be used before a positive verb to AGREE WITH SOMETHING NEGATIVE that has just been said
She doesn't like them and NOR does Jeff. In this case after nor there is an inversion of the subject and the verb.
_________________

Re: You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 08, 2013 22:42 pm   Re: You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules

Hi, Kati

This is a link that Esl Expert indicated to me when I asked about inversions.
When I saw this sentence with "nor", I thought that you might use this link too, because I find it very good and systematic.
If you take a look on issue #16, you'll see that"nor" is the correct answer.

http://www.testmagic.com/grammar/explanations/inversion.htm

Monica
Monica28

Location: Romania

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules #3 (permalink) Fri Jan 11, 2013 0:41 am   You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules

Dear Monica,

I 've been looking for about fours your last letter. And it was the first on your letters.

I enjoyed it very much because I never met this grammar. I ran over the others and I have to say this is a very useful link.

Dear Monica, I have to pass through very hard days. My husband has been ill for 17 years but his illness (lung) caused lot of problems but he always recovered. It is really an incurable illness and for about 4 weeks he feels worse and worse. Yesterday night he felt so naked, and we could sleep only sometimes a little one. This wasn't sleeping rather I dozed for a while. In the morning he felt more naked.

Now he went to bed and I fear very much from the night. He is a lucky man because he hope that he will recover, His specialist doesn't believe it that's why she told him waiting - she didn't want to call him in the hospital. She said take again STEROID. This is only a symptomatic treatment.

Many Thanks.

Buy: Kati
_________________

You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 11, 2013 22:42 pm   You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules

Hi, Katy

I'm glad that I could help you. Inversions are really interesting and we have to know how to use them correctly, because we can't avoid them.
I hope that your husband is feeling better today - I wish this with all my heart, for him and for you.
Good night!

Monica
Monica28

Location: Romania

You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules #5 (permalink) Fri Jan 11, 2013 23:23 pm   You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rules

Dear Monica,

It is incredible that after a nightmare night, last night he could sleep and today he was better.

Good night or good morning:
Kati
_________________

The justice system imprisoned Donovan ten years ago.Meaning of 'captive'?service tax vs. sales taxWhat are liberal parties?You ought to be ashamed of yourselfWhat does named after mean?immanent vs illicitConditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see itWhat does abdominal mean?Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude"Expression "good luck"Difference between start up and begin upYour guess is as good as mine