to climb; to ascend; to weigh; to do according to a particular ratio
discuss
pay
reach
scale

Definition of preposition

Present participle of bite | Meaning of whom
Definition of preposition #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am   Definition of preposition

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #7 "English Prepositions", question 4

Up and over again I've warned you that doing that is very dangerous and now I hope you'll believe me.

(a) Up
(b) over
(c) now

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #7 "English Prepositions", answer 4

Over and over again I've warned you that doing that is very dangerous and now I hope you'll believe me.

Correct entry: Over
The error was: (a) Up
_________________________

what is a preposition
Lyudmila

Prepositions #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:59 am   Prepositions

A preposition is a word which is used with a noun or pronoun to show how it is linked to another word:

'near' and 'down' are prepositions in the phrases 'his house is near the sea' and 'he ran down the stairs'.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between modify and transformMeaning of "by her delivery"Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind'Difference between peculiar and uniqueMeaning of strategyIndefinite article: "a" vs. "an"Complaint with vs. complaint aboutWhy signing them why not sign them?Idiom: 'make believe'Pool vs. portfolioAgainst the window...Expression: as blind as a batDifference in use: segregate versus separate