Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

something that is demanded; necessity; something that is needed
requirement
duration
midday
pleasure
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

That is definitely in our ballpark

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Sentence: Bill straightened up the office, pretending not to listen Bob's end... | What is is the difference between 'free of' and 'free from'?
listening exercises
That is definitely in our ballpark #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:37 am   That is definitely in our ballpark

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #520 "English Slang Idioms (104)", question 8

"Hi, Miss Everly, it's Jake Mathews. I understand that you are asking $150,000.00 for your house. That is definitely in our ......... and we wanted to know if we could set up an appointment with you to see it."

(a) standard deviation
(b) groove
(c) centrist ideals
(d) ballpark

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #520 "English Slang Idioms (104)", answer 8

"Hi, Miss Everly, it's Jake Mathews. I understand that you are asking $150,000.00 for your house. That is definitely in our ballpark and we wanted to know if we could set up an appointment with you to see it."

Correct answer: (d) ballpark

Your answer was: incorrect
"Hi, Miss Everly, it's Jake Mathews. I understand that you are asking $150,000.00 for your house. That is definitely in our groove and we wanted to know if we could set up an appointment with you to see it."

This dictionary is really helpful!

Thank you Our Tort System!

Sentence: Bill straightened up the office, pretending not to listen Bob's end... | What is is the difference between 'free of' and 'free from'?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Obviously a computer can take all the hard work out of processingIn my book, that is the kind of behavior that deserves a reward.What does 'in a rut' mean?in a jiffy vs. in an instantThe justice system imprisoned Donovan ten years ago.Meaning of 'captive'?in like a Flynnannulled vs. cancelledWhat does abdominal mean?Explanation of this dialogueWhen do we use much and when do we use many?Difference between start up and begin upDifficult vs problem