Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to appear as a large and indistinct form; to appear as larger than life; to impend
encroach
engage
grant
loom
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind'

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of "by her delivery" | Meaning of strategy
listening exercises
Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind' #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:15 am   Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #58 "Lots of Pieces", question 6

Charlie decided he would say exactly what he thought of the burglar and give him a piece of his ..........

(a) thoughts
(b) brain
(c) thinking
(d) mind

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #58 "Lots of Pieces", answer 6

Charlie decided he would say exactly what he thought of the burglar and give him a piece of his mind.

Correct answer: (d) mind

Hi,
I am about to solve this question, but I'm stuck.
What does it mean to give somebody a piece of my mind, ...maybe

Thank you
zuzka
zuzka

Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind' #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:41 am   Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind'

To give somebody a piece of my mind = to give somebody my strong opinion or statement of my feelings about that person, or to sharply criticize or reprimand that person.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "by her delivery" | Meaning of strategy
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Why cannot we use until?Present perfect: have visitedMeaning of "I'd give my right arm if...Idiom: "at the back of my mind"Idiom: Hot airDifference between modify and transformDifference between peculiar and uniqueIndefinite article: "a" vs. "an"Complaint with vs. complaint aboutWhy signing them why not sign them?Idiom: 'make believe'Definition of prepositionMeaning of whom