to appear as a large and indistinct form; to appear as larger than life; to impend
encroach
engage
grant
loom

Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind'

Meaning of "by her delivery" | Meaning of strategy
Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind' #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:15 am   Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind'

ESL/EFL Test #58 "Lots of Pieces", question 6

Charlie decided he would say exactly what he thought of the burglar and give him a piece of his ..........

(a) thoughts
(b) brain
(c) thinking
(d) mind

ESL/EFL Test #58 "Lots of Pieces", answer 6

Charlie decided he would say exactly what he thought of the burglar and give him a piece of his mind.

Correct answer: (d) mind
_________________________

I am about to solve this question, but I'm stuck.
What does it mean to give somebody a piece of my mind, ...maybe

Thank you
zuzka
zuzka

Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind' #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:41 am   Meaning of 'to give somebody a piece of my mind'

.
To give somebody a piece of my mind = to give somebody my strong opinion or statement of my feelings about that person, or to sharply criticize or reprimand that person.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Why cannot we use until?Present perfect: have visitedMeaning of "I'd give my right arm if...Idiom: "at the back of my mind"Idiom: Hot airDifference between modify and transformDifference between peculiar and uniqueIndefinite article: "a" vs. "an"Complaint with vs. complaint aboutWhy signing them why not sign them?Idiom: 'make believe'Definition of prepositionMeaning of whom