opposite of child; a grown-up; a mature person
profusion
style
repair
adult

I am glad that he got his just desserts.

to keep his creditors at bay | What does this phrasal verb mean: "start off"?
I am glad that he got his just desserts. #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 am   I am glad that he got his just desserts.

"I heard that your brother received two years in jail for theft. I am glad that he got his .......... It made me sick to think of how many things he stole from people's houses," Emma's stepmother told her.

(a) Judge, jury, and executioner
(b) Pale moon rising
(c) just desserts
(d) Silver spoon

"I heard that your brother received two years in jail for theft. I am glad that he got his just desserts. It made me sick to think of how many things he stole from people's houses," Emma's stepmother told her.

Correct answer: (c) just desserts
_________________________

It's very interesting and funny pun, though! I've chosen it by the "exception method".
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

I am glad that he got his just desserts. #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:38 am   I am glad that he got his just desserts.

Justr desserts = what he deserves
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Re: I am glad that he got his just desserts. #3 (permalink) Thu Feb 21, 2013 14:59 pm   Re: I am glad that he got his just desserts.

The fearful squaddie deserted into the desert as he had stolen the general's dessert.
The deserter get thirsty within the scorching desert but he had only some huge sweet dessert. And so the desert gave him the pudding that he deserves -- a shrunken head that only looked like a chocolate dessert, just his just deserts. And now the fearful squaddie can shrink to think, no more.
Down the hatch and sorrry for the snowy winter.
_________________
Less is more!
EvilDwarf

Location: I'm diagonally parked in a parralel universe

Meaning of the phrase "to signify expanding"?it was in his best interest to make a clean breast of his crimesas mad as a badgerlowering one's sights from post graduate studies and doctoral workGot to keep you sharp. Just trying to keep you on your toes.I got the piece into my editor's office just in the nick of timeit was a jungle out there vs. it was mayhemshe should start jockeying for positionYou are like a little kid with jam all over his face.jump through hoopsMeaning of "jump on the bandwagon"what does sole mean?Question tag: she does, does she?