lively; vigorous; crucial; critical; necessary
persistent
eligible
vital
select

lowering one's sights from post graduate studies and doctoral work

it was in his best interest to make a clean breast of his crimes | as mad as a badger
lowering one's sights from post graduate studies and doctoral work #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:09 am   lowering one's sights from post graduate studies and doctoral work

With tuition prices ballooning and graduation requirements ever increasing, lowering one's ......... from post graduate studies and doctoral work to the acceptance of a bachelor's degree seems to be more understandable as time goes on.

(a) grasp
(b) incentives
(c) sights
(d) ambiguity

With tuition prices ballooning and graduation requirements ever increasing, lowering one's sights from post graduate studies and doctoral work to the acceptance of a bachelor's degree seems to be more understandable as time goes on.

Correct answer: (c) sights

With tuition prices ballooning and graduation requirements ever increasing, lowering one's incentives from post graduate studies and doctoral work to the acceptance of a bachelor's degree seems to be more understandable as time goes on.
_________________________

Hi Teachers,

Does "lower one's sight" mean to set a more modest goal?

Thank you,
Vladimir.
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

lowering one's sights from post graduate studies and doctoral work #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:28 am   lowering one's sights from post graduate studies and doctoral work

that's right
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
throw off the scent/trackhe had an air-tight alibi and told him that he was off the hookJust the thought of eating fish made her flesh crawl.Meaning of the phrase "to signify expanding"?Got to keep you sharp. Just trying to keep you on your toes.to keep his creditors at bayI got the piece into my editor's office just in the nick of timeI am glad that he got his just desserts.jump through hoopsUse of "slip"Question tag: she does, does she?Random choiceQuestion tags