reply; answer; reaction
pose
loss
catering
response

as mad as a badger

lowering one's sights from post graduate studies and doctoral work | Question tag: she does, does she?
as mad as a badger #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:11 am   as mad as a badger

He was as ......... as a badger when his partners went ahead with the plan to diversify their product line instead of pursuing the low-cost strategy he had recommended.

(a) sinewy
(b) agressive
(c) mad
(d) disenfranchised

He was as mad as a badger when his partners went ahead with the plan to diversify their product line instead of pursuing the low-cost strategy he had recommended.

Correct answer: (c) mad

He was as sinewy as a badger when his partners went ahead with the plan to diversify their product line instead of pursuing the low-cost strategy he had recommended.
_________________________

Hi Teachers,

Does "as mad as a badger" mean the same as "as mad as a hatter"?

Thank you,
Vladimir.
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

as mad as a badger #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:29 am   as mad as a badger

Mad as a hatter - insane
mad as a badger - angry.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
on the wagonthrow off the scent/trackhe had an air-tight alibi and told him that he was off the hookJust the thought of eating fish made her flesh crawl.Meaning of the phrase "to signify expanding"?it was in his best interest to make a clean breast of his crimesGot to keep you sharp. Just trying to keep you on your toes.to keep his creditors at bayI got the piece into my editor's office just in the nick of timeI am glad that he got his just desserts.Use of "slip"Random choiceQuestion tags