device which is used to slow or stop a vehicle
capacity
brake
store
dealing

on the wagon

What does this phrasal verb mean: "go over"? | He had a drinking problem for a while and is now on the wagon
on the wagon #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:23 am   on the wagon

"I wouldn't invite Randy. He quit drinking. He had a drinking problem for a while and is now on the .......... He told me that he won't go to bars anymore so I don't think that we should call him," Jessie said to his other roommates.

(a) abstinence
(b) twelve steps
(c) wagon
(d) straight path

"I wouldn't invite Randy. He quit drinking. He had a drinking problem for a while and is now on the wagon. He told me that he won't go to bars anymore so I don't think that we should call him," Jessie said to his other roommates.

Correct answer: (c) wagon

"I wouldn't invite Randy. He quit drinking. He had a drinking problem for a while and is now on the twelve steps. He told me that he won't go to bars anymore so I don't think that we should call him," Jessie said to his other roommates.
_________________________

Hi Teachers,

Explain me, please why "on the twelve steps" is not correct (I supposed that he began treatment)?

Why "abstinence" is not correct too? Doesn't it mean not to drink alcohol?

Thank you,
Vladimir.
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

What does "dip into my savings" mean?she is going to be mad at you to the nth degreeand hoped that he had the available funds to cover the transactionsroom onto our house on the shelf until we have more money in our savings accounton the shelf vs. on holdthrow off the scent/trackthe results were off the scalehe had an air-tight alibi and told him that he was off the hookJust the thought of eating fish made her flesh crawl.Meaning of the phrase "to signify expanding"?as mad as a badgerDoes to detest mean to hate?Use of "slip"