purchase; sale; acquisition
procurement
postage
notice
resistance

WLAN vs. Wi-Fi

too fat | 5 [not before noun] showing a time later than the true time
WLAN vs. Wi-Fi #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:17 am   WLAN vs. Wi-Fi

It just occurred to me that the term WLAN is used in English too. I used to think it was a German term. Now, when do you say "Wi-Fi" and when do you use "WLAN"?

Many thanks,

TOEIC short conversations: Woman asks real estate agent how many of his new apartments he has found tenants for.

WLAN vs. Wi-Fi #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 14, 2013 13:36 pm   WLAN vs. Wi-Fi

I think "WLAN" would be unknown to most ordinary people (non-specialists) in the UK. I think many more people would know "Wi-Fi". People also use the term "wireless network".
Dozy

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
majoredHe usually isn't like that or He isn't usually like thatjust south of the U.S.churning in the oil spill-hit Gulf of Mexicoa noise as ofThe values were found to be between or The values were found betweenQuote Checkwashplayer of the year'sProofread/ modifications requestedmachinery used for semiconductorsHad he been waiting long? vs. Had he been waiting for a long time?Shipments overseas fell 1.7 percent.