to give a cost to something
elude
request
debate
price

The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is a national agency

question responses | Difference between pay cash and pay in cash
The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is a national agency #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:11 am   The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is a national agency

ESL/EFL Test #578 "Real Life: Banking (3)", question 5

The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is national agency in North America that ......... funds in participating banks for up to $100,000.

(a) insures
(b) rolls
(c) withdraws
(d) spends

ESL/EFL Test #578 "Real Life: Banking (3)", answer 5

The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is national agency in North America that insures funds in participating banks for up to $100,000.

Correct answer: (a) insures

_________________________

By the way, shouldn't it be "a national agency", isn't the article missing?

Thanks!
_________________

The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is a national agency #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:33 am   The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is a national agency

yes
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of "early departure"?Even though he and her mother were all hunky dory againn the United States, a 401K plan allows a person to save for his/her retirementIf a company announces a recall, that means there is something wrong...Expression: keeping up with the JonesesExpression 'Cash in hand'why not we use the verb abandon?Resign versus quitWhat is exhausted?What is a 'lump sum'?Difference between balance and costMeaning of AssetsExpression: In black and white