arrogant; haughty; magnificent; impressive
whole
select
bonded
proud

Why do you use what instead of which?

Which answer is right? | You drive me up the wall?
Why do you use what instead of which? #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 13, 2006 18:53 pm   Why do you use what instead of which?

ESL/EFL Test #100 "Interrogative pronouns", question 2

......... is the name of the team in red?

(a) What
(b) Which
(c) Who
(d) Whom

ESL/EFL Test #100 "Interrogative pronouns", answer 2

What is the name of the team in red?

Correct answer: (a) What
_________________________

why do you use what instead of which?

Chelsea
Chelsea

Why do you use what instead of which? #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 13, 2006 21:20 pm   Why do you use what instead of which?

Hi Chelsea

You use which when there are a limited number of choices (usually only two or three):
Which do you prefer as a pet: a dog, a cat or a bird?

You use what when there are an unlimited or large number of possible choices:
What is your favorite animal?
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Why do you use what instead of which? #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 18, 2012 19:14 pm   Why do you use what instead of which?

Please, Yankee, I am confused about this question. To me there is a limited number of choices because the person refers to the team in red. .could you or someone clarify my doubt in this matter? My best regards.
Cristovam

Why do you use what instead of which? #4 (permalink) Mon Jun 18, 2012 21:01 pm   Why do you use what instead of which?

When you ask 'which', there is a choice of possibilities. When you ask 'what'. you only want to know one thing and there is no choice.

There are six dishes on the menu, which would you like?

As I know you are hungry, what would you like to eat?

alan
_________________

unit 7SOccer~sports~TV~Portugal vs Spain Live Stream Uefa EURO 2012 Semi Final HD FreeESL tutor offerthe meaning of just a heads up?Test incompl/elem-284, User's Answer 9The meaning of "for"???It should be "What are you doing here?"'What does NATO stand for' vs 'Where does NATO stand for?'What does "up to his ears in" mean?What's the difference on usage of WAIT and EXPECT?A few drinks - countable nounsPain vs. hurtDon't drink and drive