Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

empty; unfilled; unoccupied; lacking expression
recent
severe
vacant
departmental
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of "early departure"?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Expression: keeping up with the Joneses | A red rag to a bull?
listening exercises
Meaning of "early departure"? #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:26 am   Meaning of "early departure"?

During their initial 30 days of treatment, cocaine-dependent individuals have dropout rates ranging from 40% to 64% (5-10) and early departure typically involves the resumption of cocaine use (11, 12).

Could you please help with the meaning of the expression "early departure" in the above sentence?

I am wondering that does "early departure" in this context mean "dropout"?

Thanks in advance!
Galilom2002
I'm here quite often ;-)

Meaning of "early departure"? #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:05 am   Meaning of "early departure"?

"Early departure" here means leaving the rehabilitation course earlier than planned initially (at the early stage).
Eugene2114
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "early departure"? #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:19 am   Meaning of "early departure"?

To be accurate, the set expression is 'at an early stage'.
Eugene2114
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Meaning of "early departure"? #4 (permalink) Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am   Meaning of "early departure"?

Eugene2114 wrote:
To be accurate, the set expression is 'at an early stage'.

Thanks very much for your help!
Galilom2002
I'm here quite often ;-)

Expression: keeping up with the Joneses | A red rag to a bull?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
An editorial is an opinion column that states the opinion of the editorThe FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is a national agencyEven though he and her mother were all hunky dory againn the United States, a 401K plan allows a person to save for his/her retirementwhy not we use the verb abandon?changed vs. modifiedResign versus quitWhat is exhausted?Difference between pay cash and pay in cashquestion responsesDifference between pieces and partsMeaning of 'doubled'Meaning of Assets