empty; unfilled; unoccupied; lacking expression
recent
severe
vacant
departmental

Meaning of "early departure"?

Expression: keeping up with the Joneses | A red rag to a bull?
Meaning of "early departure"? #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:26 am   Meaning of "early departure"?

During their initial 30 days of treatment, cocaine-dependent individuals have dropout rates ranging from 40% to 64% (5-10) and early departure typically involves the resumption of cocaine use (11, 12).

Could you please help with the meaning of the expression "early departure" in the above sentence?

I am wondering that does "early departure" in this context mean "dropout"?

Thanks in advance!
Galilom2002

Meaning of "early departure"? #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:05 am   Meaning of "early departure"?

"Early departure" here means leaving the rehabilitation course earlier than planned initially (at the early stage).
Eugene2114

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "early departure"? #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:19 am   Meaning of "early departure"?

To be accurate, the set expression is 'at an early stage'.
Eugene2114

Meaning of "early departure"? #4 (permalink) Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am   Meaning of "early departure"?

Eugene2114 wrote:

Thanks very much for your help!
Galilom2002

An editorial is an opinion column that states the opinion of the editorThe FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is a national agencyEven though he and her mother were all hunky dory againn the United States, a 401K plan allows a person to save for his/her retirementwhy not we use the verb abandon?changed vs. modifiedResign versus quitWhat is exhausted?Difference between pay cash and pay in cashquestion responsesDifference between pieces and partsMeaning of 'doubled'Meaning of Assets