to measure; to evaluate; to determine; to estimate
argue
focus
slander
gauge

Introducing to the boss for the first time

rain is going to gradually stop | Could you please check out my cover letter.
Introducing to the boss for the first time #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:49 am   Introducing to the boss for the first time

Hello everyone!

I am a student from Bulgaria. Me and my classmate are having homework, to write formal letter to our new boss. We have to introduce and ask some question about job housing and etc. I write that letter (at the bottom at the topick), but I am not sure it is completely right. Can you read it and correct me where I am wrong. Thank you in advance.

Dear Mr.___,

We are writing to inform you that we will be working for you this summer. We are students from Ruse, Bulgaria.

We would like to thank you for this great opportunity and to express our impatience on spending the summer working in Keystone, South Dakota. Also, we have some queries about pick - up from the nearest airport, the housing and the job.

First of all, we would like to know did you arrange pick - up from the nearest airport and what kind of information you would need to know about our flight (flight number, arrival time and atc.).

Second of all, could you please inform us, did we have to bring something with us, like utilities, lines or something else. Also, we would like to know, did we have to make deposit, about/for the housing?

Finally, we would like to ask, is there any requirements about the clothes, we should have to wear during our workdays (shirts, jeans / pants and shoes)?

Thank you in advance for your reply. We are really looking forward to the summer.

Yours sincerely,
First student, Second student
RandomGuy

Re: Introducing to the boss for the first time #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:25 am   Re: Introducing to the boss for the first time

I am a student from Bulgaria. Me and My classmate and I are having homework, have to write a formal letter to our new boss, as a homework assignment. We have to introduce ourselves and ask some questions about the job, housing accommodation and etc. I have written that the letter (at the bottom at the topic) below,) but I am not sure (if) it is completely right. Can Could you read it and correct me where I am wrong? Thank you in advance.

I am not sure about the ethics of then doing your homework assignment, which I presume is to show your teacher how your English is progressing.[/b]
Bazza

Location: Brit, Eng

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Maintain this information in your memory [Definition for remember?](at) any timeHow to describe the contents of agenda in an English presentation?Faulty Sentence?fail in the exam vs. fail the examcertain of/aboutMeaning of "performance"?unlessDread to do vs. dread doingforget vs forget aboutsubsidiary vs. daughter companyplease,help!According to/In your observation, are there more fat men or women?