Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

picture in a book or other work; explanation; clarification
offensive
acceptance
illustration
understatement
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Faulty Sentence?

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
How to describe the contents of agenda in an English presentation? | (at) any time
listening exercises
Faulty Sentence? #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 06, 2013 16:53 pm   Faulty Sentence?

Without recasting, is this a good sentence, yes or no?

And would you replace 'that' with ' ,which stated the following: '?

Customer Service Manager Jane Doe sent me an email on Thursday 4 May 2013 at 3:14pm that stated the following: ......

Thank you.
Grumpy
I'm here quite often ;-)

Re: Faulty Sentence? #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 06, 2013 17:35 pm   Re: Faulty Sentence?

Yes, but 'which' will be better.

However, if recast, it will look still better.

Customer Service Manager Jane Doe sent me an email at 3:14 pm on Thursday, 4 May 2013 stating the following: ......
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
How to describe the contents of agenda in an English presentation? | (at) any time
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
In factories stand idle huge equipment which worked at full capacity earlier.'The Final 4' -- BPMaintain this information in your memory [Definition for remember?]baby's coming/birthfail in the exam vs. fail the examcertain of/aboutIntroducing to the boss for the first timeMeaning of "performance"?Arranged an encounter at a specific time [Explanation for 'made an appointment?]Gotten out of bed [synonym for gotten up?]unlessDread to do vs. dread doingrain is going to gradually stop