help; assistance; accessory
skill
thought
aid
rear

Subject-verb agreement

Bracketed second letter of word? | other,the other, another, others, the others,
Subject-verb agreement #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 07, 2013 17:34 pm   Subject-verb agreement

Which one is correct out of the two?

1) The main purpose of this is to not only makes it look cleaner and more elegant, but...

2) The main purpose of this is to not only make it look cleaner and more elegant, but...
Leontd

Subject-verb agreement #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 07, 2013 18:04 pm   Subject-verb agreement

This is not a case of subject-verb agreement but an infinitive ("to make") into which has been inserted "not only". Therefore it must be "make".
Dozy

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
parking place vs. parking spaceface down or his face down or with his face downQuestion about Gerund and Nountree data structure vs data tree structurecomplicating/complicated factorTwo 'Bracketed Ellipses' QuestionsAs discussed above: Could you parse the phrase?as in the daysIn factories stand idle huge equipment which worked at full capacity earlier.'The Final 4' -- BPbaby's coming/birthto get one over onback then: back is a verb