Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

help; assistance; accessory
skill
thought
aid
rear
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Subject-verb agreement

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Bracketed second letter of word? | other,the other, another, others, the others,
listening exercises
Subject-verb agreement #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 07, 2013 17:34 pm   Subject-verb agreement

Which one is correct out of the two?

1) The main purpose of this is to not only makes it look cleaner and more elegant, but...

2) The main purpose of this is to not only make it look cleaner and more elegant, but...
Leontd
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Subject-verb agreement #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 07, 2013 18:04 pm   Subject-verb agreement

This is not a case of subject-verb agreement but an infinitive ("to make") into which has been inserted "not only". Therefore it must be "make".
Dozy
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Bracketed second letter of word? | other,the other, another, others, the others,
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
parking place vs. parking spaceface down or his face down or with his face downQuestion about Gerund and Nountree data structure vs data tree structurecomplicating/complicated factorTwo 'Bracketed Ellipses' QuestionsAs discussed above: Could you parse the phrase?as in the daysIn factories stand idle huge equipment which worked at full capacity earlier.'The Final 4' -- BPbaby's coming/birthto get one over onback then: back is a verb