Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

physical or mental exertion; labor; attempt; organized operation
directory
sneakers
effort
offensive
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

parking place vs. parking space

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
back then: back is a verb | complicating/complicated factor
listening exercises
parking place vs. parking space #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 07, 2013 21:31 pm   parking place vs. parking space

Hi everyone, in a 1980 interview Steve Jobs says ".... I couldn't find a parking space...." while apologizing for being late. Now, what exactly is the difference between a parking place and a parking space? Is a parking place something like a car park while a parking space is just the space for one car? Many thanks, Torsten

TOEIC listening, talks: A film star thanks his crew for their work at award event
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

parking place vs. parking space #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:21 am   parking place vs. parking space

Your guess was right. In addition to parking lots (which the British call car parks) and parking garages (multi-story car parks). We also have parking along the curb, either angle parking or parallel parking). Curb parking is what I think if when someone says parking space, but it can also mean a space in a parking lot or parking garage.
SteveThomas
I'm here quite often ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
back then: back is a verb | complicating/complicated factor
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
to + verb with ingТорговл&How is ....?final podium place: finish third or rank among the top three?face down or his face down or with his face downHas an appearance that [definition for looks like?]Subject-verb agreementQuestion about Gerund and Nountree data structure vs data tree structureTwo 'Bracketed Ellipses' QuestionsAs discussed above: Could you parse the phrase?relation/relationshipBracketed second letter of word?