Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to influence; to affect strongly; to collide; to squeeze in
impact
install
replay
fuel
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Who is calling? | I don't know what time they'll be back this evening...
listening exercises
Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"? #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:09 am   Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

Could you please help with the meaning of the bold texts in the following sentence:

The injection is performed using fluoroscopy guidance (weak x-ray) with the patient lying on their stomach or their side for certain cervical levels.
Galilom2002
I'm here quite often ;-)

Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am   Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

If the woman's cervix is in an awkward place to reach when she is lying on her back, then the doctor may instruct her to lie on her side instead. In many cases, the cervix can be reached easier with the woman in this position.
Language Coach

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"? #3 (permalink) Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:07 pm   Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

Thanks for your quick answer!
Galilom2002
I'm here quite often ;-)

Re: Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"? #4 (permalink) Mon May 20, 2013 6:58 am   Re: Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

Galilom2002 wrote:
Could you please help with the meaning of the bold texts in the following sentence:

The injection is performed using fluoroscopy guidance (weak x-ray) with the patient lying on their stomach or their side for certain cervical levels.

I believe the sentence is talking about a person's neck, not a woman's cervix.
There are seven cervical vertebrae. At some cervical levels the injection is done with the patient lying on their stomach, and at other levels the injection is done with the patient lying on their side. The choice is made on the basis of ease and safety.
Canadian45
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Who is calling? | I don't know what time they'll be back this evening...
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
preposition at/on/in in the example How I got that jobOut on bail?is it correct?worse vs. the worstHis driving scares me a lot.f you choose a bold color for your walls, you should choose some, soft, neutral..Not Mark, though -- he truly loves peopleWhen I get the wrong answer I want you show, and when I choose the right answerUsage quit instead of leaveIs "WAS" an intransitive verb here?Surely vs. safelyCome in for vs. come intoWhat is the difference between "whom" and "who"?