to influence; to affect strongly; to collide; to squeeze in
impact
install
replay
fuel

Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

Who is calling? | I don't know what time they'll be back this evening...
Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"? #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:09 am   Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

Could you please help with the meaning of the bold texts in the following sentence:

The injection is performed using fluoroscopy guidance (weak x-ray) with the patient lying on their stomach or their side for certain cervical levels.
Galilom2002

Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am   Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

If the woman's cervix is in an awkward place to reach when she is lying on her back, then the doctor may instruct her to lie on her side instead. In many cases, the cervix can be reached easier with the woman in this position.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"? #3 (permalink) Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:07 pm   Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

Thanks for your quick answer!
Galilom2002

Re: Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"? #4 (permalink) Mon May 20, 2013 6:58 am   Re: Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?

Galilom2002 wrote:

I believe the sentence is talking about a person's neck, not a woman's cervix.
There are seven cervical vertebrae. At some cervical levels the injection is done with the patient lying on their stomach, and at other levels the injection is done with the patient lying on their side. The choice is made on the basis of ease and safety.
Canadian45

preposition at/on/in in the example How I got that jobOut on bail?is it correct?worse vs. the worstHis driving scares me a lot.f you choose a bold color for your walls, you should choose some, soft, neutral..Not Mark, though -- he truly loves peopleWhen I get the wrong answer I want you show, and when I choose the right answerUsage quit instead of leaveIs "WAS" an intransitive verb here?Surely vs. safelyCome in for vs. come intoWhat is the difference between "whom" and "who"?