appraisal; estimation; assessment
affiliate
accordance
effort
evaluation

The doctor's presentation

run away with | start off
The doctor's presentation #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 09, 2013 14:45 pm   The doctor's presentation

1. The doctor's presentation at the conference gave numerous suggestions for incurring the benefits of the treatment while obviating damage to auxiliary structures.

2. Do the work while I am in my tour.

Is the purpose of the two "while" in the above sentences same?
Reading Comprehension

The doctor's presentation #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 09, 2013 20:40 pm   The doctor's presentation

Broadly they are similar in that both refer to one thing happening at the same time as another. However, in #1 there is an additional implication that the treatment might be expected to damage auxiliary structures, but the doctor has found ways to avoid this.

"while I am in my tour" does not seem right. Possibly "on my tour" was meant. "incur" is usually used for undesirable things. "incurring the benefits" sounds a bit odd to me, but other speakers may differ.
Dozy

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
The doctor's presentation #3 (permalink) Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:41 am   The doctor's presentation

The doctor's presentation at the conference gave numerous suggestions for incurring the benefits of the treatment while obviating damage to auxiliary structures.

Is the following sentence correct recast of the above sentence?

The doctor's presentation at the conference gave numerous suggestions for incurring the benefits of the treatment while it(The doctor's presentation) was obviating damage to auxiliary structures.
Reading Comprehension

The doctor's presentation #4 (permalink) Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:09 pm   The doctor's presentation

It isn't the doctor's presentation that is obviating damage, but the suggested methods of treating the patient.
Dozy

run away with | start off
Comma After 'That'?acquaint withthe same number of louis vuitton stitches louis vuitton will be found in similaambiguous sentenceslet me know the correct answersyour or theirI would hope that demonstrationshttp://gendersrelationships.comyet eitherThe revolting forces were just barely held at bay.I'll just have out with it?is there anything wrong with this sentence?springtime of pain