Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

trip in a vehicle; type of computer hardware; combined effort to accomplish a goal (i.e. fund raiser)
esteem
drive
backlash
thread
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

your or their

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
I would hope that demonstrations | ambiguous sentences
listening exercises
your or their #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 am   your or their

1 Growing your own vegetables also, of course, saves many people a lot of money.
2 Growing their own vegetables also, of course, saves many people a lot of money.
3 Growing their own vegetables also, of course, save many people a lot of money.

Is "your" possible to be substituted with "their"? Does it then ask for "save" instead of "saves"? Thanks
E2e4
I'm a Communicator ;-)

your or their #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 10, 2013 16:35 pm   your or their

It's possible to say 'growing your own vegetables - but then you should also say 'saves you a lot of money'.
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
I would hope that demonstrations | ambiguous sentences
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
grandstand finishComma After 'That'?Parallel Structureacquaint withthe same number of louis vuitton stitches louis vuitton will be found in similalet me know the correct answersrun away withto be forced from somethingIs "number" here used as a linking verb?yet eitherstart offparticiple vs. bare infinitiveDefinition on Might/May [Which one is more appropriate?]