produced; made; manufactured
crafted
talkative
secure
terrible

grandstand finish

Possessives of Song Titles in Quotes | to be forced from something
grandstand finish #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 10, 2013 18:13 pm   grandstand finish

"But Eboue's spectacular goal sparked a dramatic turnaround and set up a grandstand finish in Istanbul".
--Trying to find out what "a grandstand finish" could mean, I paged through some dics and the closest was:(informal (mainly US & Canadian) to behave ostentatiously in an attempt to impress onlookers \Collins\
Furthermore, 'ostentatious' is defined as "adjective showing disapproval intended to impress people or attract their admiration"
You may conclude the author disapproves of what happened in Istanbul (or dictionaries lag behind)?..
Eugene2114

grandstand finish #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 10, 2013 18:38 pm   grandstand finish

That's a definition for "grandstand" as a verb. There's no nuance of disapproval in "grandstand finish":

"(in sport) a close or exciting finish to a race or competition" http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/grandstand%2Bfinish
"a close or exciting ending to a sports match or competition" http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/grandstand-finish
Dozy

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
change of attitudeWatersPunctuationThe probability of more than one simultaneous collision is too low to be considerdo me a favora raft of qualifiersComma After 'That'?Parallel Structureacquaint withthe same number of louis vuitton stitches louis vuitton will be found in similaambiguous sentenceslet me know the correct answersyour or their