cautious; particular; concentrated; meticulous
adequate
glossy
serious
careful

a raft of qualifiers

The probability of more than one simultaneous collision is too low to be consider | do me a favor
a raft of qualifiers #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 10, 2013 19:06 pm   a raft of qualifiers

What's your opinion about the following construction: "a group of dedicated professional freelance language service providers."
Is it correct? Is it elegant? I mean, aren't there too many determiners? Kinda sounds strange at first, isn't it? Would there be any better way of phrasing that idea.
Exiguus

Location: Romānia

a raft of qualifiers #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 10, 2013 19:28 pm   a raft of qualifiers

It sounds okay to me. Sometimes a number of determiners are required.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
a raft of qualifiers #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 am   a raft of qualifiers

Beeesneees wrote:

Sounds okay to me too. To avoid the raft mentioned though, you could unload it into "a group of dedicated freelance professionals providing language service", couldn't you?
Eugene2114

a raft of qualifiers #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:38 am   a raft of qualifiers

or "language services", to be accurate.
Eugene2114

a raft of qualifiers #5 (permalink) Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:41 am   a raft of qualifiers

That would be a good recast.
_________________

a raft of qualifiers #6 (permalink) Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:42 am   a raft of qualifiers

Thank you all! I really like that recast.
Exiguus

Location: Romānia

Proofread / Check / Copy-edit / Edit / ReviseAfter waiting for half an hour, the bus finally came.We'll put the table at the bottom of the garden vs. at the back of the gardenthe verb to betchange of attitudeBoard and lodgingWatersPunctuationgrandstand finishThe attached files or The attached fileParallel Structureacquaint withto be forced from something