to happen; to take place; to transpire; to come to mind; to suggest itself
occur
loom
eliminate
tailor

change of attitude

do me a favor | Queen Blanche's brothers,
change of attitude #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:58 am   change of attitude

Could the sentence below be grammatically correct?

"He has to undergo a sea change in attitude and realise he is rather a dilettante than a director."

What some other forms to use to express the similar meaning?

E2e4

change of attitude #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 am   change of attitude

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

I believe that the writer of that sentence accidentally made a mistake with the placement of "rather."

To the best of my knowledge, it should read:

"He has to undergo a sea change in attitude and realize that he is a dilettante RATHER THAN a director."

James
James M

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Square foot or Square feet?Proofread / Check / Copy-edit / Edit / ReviseAfter waiting for half an hour, the bus finally came.We'll put the table at the bottom of the garden vs. at the back of the gardenthe verb to betBoard and lodgingWatersPunctuationThe probability of more than one simultaneous collision is too low to be considera raft of qualifiersgrandstand finishThe attached files or The attached fileto be forced from something