Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

speed; haste; sudden increase in activity or speed
project
rush
limit
conviction
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does "well-off" mean? | When I can use 'may' and when 'can'?
listening exercises
Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 15, 2006 17:45 pm   Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #101 "Possessive pronouns", question 1

Mia left ......... notebook on the bus.

(a) her
(b) yours
(c) his

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #101 "Possessive pronouns", answer 1

Mia left her notebook on the bus.

Correct answer: (a) her

Your answer was: incorrect
Mia left yours notebook on the bus.

i can't understand, why these sentences shows wrong . although i give right answers
Liania

Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 15, 2006 20:28 pm   Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives

Which answer did you give?

The test shows that your answer was yours but that is a wrong answer.

The correct answer is her.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives #3 (permalink) Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:12 pm   Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives

How one come to the conclusion that Mia is a male or female ? Its is a site accessed by people world over. In my country some names are found to be used by male as well as female. I feel this kind of questions should be avoided
Joydaniel2000
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives #4 (permalink) Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:15 pm   Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives

How one come to the conclusion that Mia is a male or female ? Its is a site accessed by people world over. In my country some names are found to be used by male as well as female. I feel this kind of questions should be avoided
Joydaniel2000
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives #5 (permalink) Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:07 pm   Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives

In my country some names are found to be used by male as well as female, but not all.

We know Mia is a girls name because a man would not use it.

If you want to learn English, please don't expect us to change the rules, just because you don't understand or agree with them!

What does "well-off" mean? | When I can use 'may' and when 'can'?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does "we don't get to pick them" mean?an you imagine what our world would be likeCould you please explain what this sentence is about?Whats the meaning of until and so that?Present simple after 'when'?What does 'knock on' mean here?inside vs sideMeaning of budsIf you should need someone?What does in the hour mean?Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?Expression: "the same size as"Using say in present tense